[NEWS] "Change King" Treaties are Disabled

Welcome, milord, to the forum
vicent
Site Admin

[NEWS] "Change King" Treaties are Disabled

Postby vicent » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi!

We have disabled the "Change king" treaty, so it is not possible to change the king of your kingdom for now.

We are doing this becuse we are aware that some players are using this feature to enter on other kingdoms, promote themselves as kings, and then they kick off all the member of that kingdom.

We know that "all is fair in love and war", but we think that this kind of strategy is not funny, so we have temporary blocked these treaties.

We are also aware of other strategies to protect kingdoms from external attacks. It is permitted to use them, but we are not very fond of these methods, and we plan to do some changes in the global wars.

vgar

Re: [NEWS] "Change King" Treaties are Disabled

Postby vgar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Vincent,

I was very disappointed to see this “news”. As you can see from my previous email, we contacted Codi to see if this would be allowed as a way to clean up the dead kingdoms and make the game more enjoyable to stop fake defensive wars. Codi gave our players the “ok” to do this.

I am curious what Codi plans to do next to solve this problem, and how long it will take you to correct it.

Brightblade - King of Lone Star Nation

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:11 AM
Subject: Re: Dead Kingdoms - Web Contact From Codigames

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware that some kingdoms are using other kingdoms to protect themselves from other kingdoms during the World War. We understand this is not a very funny way to play, but the game currently allows this "strategy", so there is nothing we can do right now to stop it.

We are thinking about some things we can do to improve the next World Wars. However, none of these ideas have been implemented yet.

The strategy you are considering would not cause any problems. We will not delete or ban any account for applying that kind of strategy.

Best

Codigames Player Support Team

Follow us on Twitter: @codigames
Join the Official Forum: http://forum.codigames.com
Check the Player Support & FAQs Section

2017-10-12 21:33 GMT+02:00

Subject : Dead Kingdoms

Game : Lords&Castles

Usernameinthegameifavailable : Brightblade

Howdidyoufindus : Google

Message : Many players are expressing some frustration with other kingdoms hiding behind “fake” defensive wars.

For example, Elite Italiana has had full defensive wars all season long using dead kingdoms. Currently they are defending against Malastrada Del Sud (which has 8 active members out of 44 - none of which are Dukes), Agressor (10 active members out of 45), and Accademia Italiani.

Since we cannot attack them, and they never lose defensive wars, they place in the top kingdoms each season. This doesn’t seem fair and it certainly isn’t fun to see a kingdom get rewarded for not battling against a top ranked kingdom who doesn’t hide behind fake wars.

It is clear that Elite Italiana is having their players (or using a second account) to have these kingdoms attack them. Since they are full of inactive players - the dead kingdoms - don’t fight back. So clearly they can’t lose - and it protects them from other active kingdoms that they would lose too.

I am sure this has been brought to your attention before.

Since Codi hasn’t come up with a solution. We have.

Our players are thinking of jumping out of our kingdom to go into these dead kingdoms, elect a new king, then banish all the inactive players. This will still keep the kingdom open - but with clearly less than 25 players - that way other kingdoms cannot use them to start fake wars in future War seasons.

I would like to know if Codi would be ok with us doing this? We don’t want to cause any problems, but we don’t want our accounts to get deleted either for trying to solve a problem that has been taking a lot of fun away from the game.

Please let me know before I give the okay to our players to do this.

Thank you very much,
Brightblade - King of Lone Star Nation

vicent
Site Admin

Postby vicent » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:59 am

vgar wrote:Vincent,

I was very disappointed to see this “news”. As you can see from my previous email, we contacted Codi to see if this would be allowed as a way to clean up the dead kingdoms and make the game more enjoyable to stop fake defensive wars. Codi gave our players the “ok” to do this.

I am curious what Codi plans to do next to solve this problem, and how long it will take you to correct it.

Hi,

First of all I would like to say that the support team told you that using this strategy will not cause problems to the players that apply it. But that does not mean we are happy with this strategy. You asked them if this strategy would cause any problem to your accounts, and they said no.

We are aware that some players are taking control of dead kingdoms to block the defensive wars of their own kingdoms. We are also aware some of you have been using the strategy you proposed in the email.

However, these kind of strategies where players block their defensive war, or where players go from kingdom to kingdom "deactivating" them are not our favourite strategies, and we are starting to introduce changes in the wars in order to stop these situations.

The first step is to not allow dukes to change the king, and we will introduce some other changes in the kingdom management that, hopefully, will stop these strategies.

We are sorry if you feel disappointed about this change, but we have introduced it because we truly believe it is a good change. But, nothing is written in stone, and the team is always open to introduce changes in the game that will make it better, so feel free to share with us any suggestion you may have to improve the world war, and the kingdoms :)

vgar

Postby vgar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi Vincent,

I am not disappointed that Codi is making changes. I was disappointed to learn that Codi wasn’t happy with our strategy to clean up dead kingdoms. Let me clarify why. When I emailed the support team, my intent was to see if Codi was ok with us using that strategy. This is why I said “I would like to know if Codi would be ok with us doing this?”. We didn’t want to cause any problems in the game, but make it more enjoyable for all.

If Codi would have told us earlier that they wouldn’t approve, we would not have implemented this strategy at all.

We are pleased to know that changes are coming in kingdom management. I hope this means that the King will be allowed to choose who their Dukes are. That would please many players in all the kingdoms.

I also hope this means you’ll be restoring kingdom donations of wood, gold, science and gems.

Looking forward to your upcoming improvements,

Brightblade
Lone Star Nation

White-Black

Postby White-Black » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Ditto what Blade said about new management features Vincent ... there are some game mechanics that you could address and fix that would vastly improve the overall game and encourage more people to play!

I completely understand the issue that it takes time to develop these changes and implement them. That being said, a list of current changes/updates/additions to the features that your development team are addressing would be greatly appreciated to those of us who have been playing for some time.

Thanks, enjoying the game!

Return to “Lords & Castles”