Constant logouts video upgrade fail - update at end

Welcome, milord, to the forum
ratttt

Constant logouts video upgrade fail - update at end

Postby ratttt » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 am

Whether on iPhone or iPad, I get logged constantly. Always when being active in a battle or upgrading. I know there is an inactivity timeout ( which is too short and I will have been logged out whilst writing this) but this is just some sort of IOS. Glitch. Almost everyone I know playing with an apple device has the same problem. It is not my wifi or any other wifi as it also happens on cellular networks. Android seems stable.

Is Codi looking into this? It is spoiling a very enjoyable game.

Thanks.
Last edited by ratttt on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

vicent
Site Admin

Re: Constant logouts

Postby vicent » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:29 am

Hi,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Does the game close itself? Or does it show you the "You are disconnected" message.

Which version of iOS are you using?

Best

ratttt

Postby ratttt » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi Vice t,

I am using 10.2.1 but it did the same in the last 2 versions.

The game will just stop and through me out to the logging on screen. It can happen at any time. Normally after 6 ton10 minutes. I can be in a battle or in chat. I can never go more than 6 looting trips without a crash.

ratttt

Postby ratttt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:54 am

Vincent,

Upgraded to latest iOS today. Log offs are still happening. I can't stay logged on longer than 10 minutes. Lots of frustration about this in the chat rooms. It does need some priority attention.

GrizzlyAdam

Postby GrizzlyAdam » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 pm

I have a lot of problems with crashes and abrupt logouts on my iPhone 5s.
I have the problems a LOT less on my iPhone 6, the game performs a lot better and almost never crashes. (same version of iOS)

Based on my anecdotal observations, I think the game could benefit from some performance tuning. E.g...how can we improve the software so it requires less CPU and memory (and temp storage?) during runtime, such that it runs more consistently and reliably on lesser hardware, or devices with a lot of apps installed and lots of things running.

I think if more effort was put into that, we'd see some better overall stability. In an ideal world, the game will still play great on lesser hardware, just slower. But it seems that resource constraints can lead to instability, at least in the iOS realm for this game, such that there's a less-then-graceful degradation of gameplay when the game is starved for resources.

I hope the devs are aware of this and your QA team is sensitive to the fact that we need to test all future builds/releases on some lower end or less-powerful devices. Not everyone has the latest and greatest device/phone/tablet.
I worry that a future update could knock me out and prevent me from being able to really play it anymore on my iPhone 5s.

vicent
Site Admin

Postby vicent » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 pm

ratttt wrote:Vincent,

Upgraded to latest iOS today. Log offs are still happening. I can't stay logged on longer than 10 minutes. Lots of frustration about this in the chat rooms. It does need some priority attention.

GrizzlyAdam wrote:I have a lot of problems with crashes and abrupt logouts on my iPhone 5s.
I have the problems a LOT less on my iPhone 6, the game performs a lot better and almost never crashes. (same version of iOS)

Thank you both for the information.

I have informed the dev team about the issues you are experiencing in those devices.

The two last version released included a lot of internal changes in the code to improve the system performance, and the team keeps working on that direction.

GrizzlyAdam

Postby GrizzlyAdam » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Excellent, thanks as always for your support Vincent.

ratttt

Postby ratttt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:27 am

Vicent,

This still an issue, despite the recent upgrade. I have downloaded latest iOS too.

If I have 2-3 fights, the game will crash

If I have 1 fight, then watch a video, the video will immediately crash

If I logout then watch a video immediately without a fight, I can usually watch 3-4. If I logon, watch 2 videos and then fight, the game will crash.

I know I am not the only person with this issue. I am using iPad mini and iPad 3, 64Gig with over 50% spare memory. Seems like a graphics memory problem.

Can it be fixed as it is ruining a popular game.

Thanks.

ratttt

Re: Constant logouts video upgrade fail

Postby ratttt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:31 am

Any response? Useful information on the problem?

Lucid

Re: Constant logouts video upgrade fail - update at end

Postby Lucid » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 pm

I have been experiencing this issue with the last 3 IPhone 6Plus' which I have owned. Constant random kick-outs...during a war battle, mostly after a win on any type of battle, when looking at the upgrade trees, during rewards, applying jewels. I have to constantly reload the app...things I have tried: low power mode, disable background refreshing, power cycle, delete the app and reinstall.

It is VERY frustrating...I have lost chest rewards and many jewels because of this issue and have decided not to buy any packages until this issue has been resolved (which has been going on since the app was first release). I have sent an email to tech support and never received a response.

Surely, this is a well documented issue which the developers have known about for the longest time. This game hold such promise...

Return to “Lords & Castles”